Vol. 9, Triangle Step

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Nancy Young on tribe.net.Hi, Wendy, can you and/or Marsha answer a question about this step? At the workshop in Las Vegas last December, Marsha taught the Triangle (among others). In the turn on counts 7-8, where the arms rise up overhead, she raised her arms by bringing the back of her hands near the sides of her hips/waist, with elbows out, and drawing the hands up along the torso (the hands then flip upwards to finish overhead). This arm path looked beautiful but is very different from Devis version. Devi arcs the arms outward and upward. So is the arm path that Marsha demonstrated the "official" FatChance version?br/br/Thanks for help! Ive also got a question about the Pulse Turn but will put that in a separate topic.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Heidi on tribe.net.Hi Nancy. I too have found that the way it was instructed by others who saw the move performed and retaught it, taught it differently than it has been put out on the DVD. I am having to change my head and unlearn what I have learned and I am following exactly what is taught by the creators on the Vol 9 DVD. Since it was supported and produced by FCBD® it is what I am going to go with. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Erika on tribe.net.They are both beautiful, but the version taught by Marsha to me feels safer, because both arms going out to get overhead takes quite a bit of space. Expecially in the fade, this becomes risky: we often have very little space when we perform, and we dont want to hit each other with the zills. br/When doing Arabic Shimmy with Arms and Flourish, during the flourish instead of bringing the left arm out you keep it closer to the body. Thats because, if Im not mistaken, otherwise the turn would be more difficoult to manage and the arm would take lots of space, plus you are turning so you have less awareness of your surrounding and you risk to hit someone if you bring the left arm all the way out . So we bring the arms out only in the Arabic Shimmy with Arms in place, without Flourish. In the case of the Triangle step, it would be not one, but two arms going out. So up to now I sort of implied we could bring them out if we have all the space we want, but could use the narrower version when needed. Ill be waiting for the answer from the Ladies.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.I would go with whatever is on the video and remember that all our arms are different in length and mobility. Marsha was probably making the point of lifting with the elbows as the arms came up. Also remember that we are not turning while we fade, but after we have already faded. We fade on the "skinny" walking parts of the movement and present flourishes in the open spaces.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Erika on tribe.net.Ok, thanks Sandi!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.