Vol. 9 Turkish Shimmy Cross

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My question concerns arms. During the first cross portion arms are like in the first 4 counts of of 1/4 turns, however, it seems Megha and partner are sweeping their arms all the way to the right and left, rather than to the right back to center. Arms aren't explained in the video. Do we sweep the arms all the way down to the right and all the way to the left??Thank you,Zina

Anonymous

I don't think they are sweeping back to the left – I think that is just an optical illusion. I think it is regular Turkish arms, sweeping right and centre.

Anonymous

Looks to me like one set of regular sweeps in place to cue, one set of big windshield wiper sweeps as you cross back-to-back and switch places, and one set of arms-up sweeps (the kind you do to the side walls in Turkish 1/4 turn) before you go into the turns as you cross back to your original position. I'd love to hear from an authority, though, since Alicia and I are seeing different things.

Anonymous

Wow, I have missed out on a lot of discussions over the years.  I'm so glad everything is consolidated on this forum now.So, just in case anyone is still unclear on the Turkish Shimmy crossover arms here it is:1 set of regular TS in place or moving closer to your partner if necessary.1 set of arms arcing up and over to the right, then up and over to the left as you pass your partner1 set of 1/4 turn style overhead arms facing your partner1 set of outward arm sweep as you turn past your partner.

Anonymous

Thanks Megah, remind of how many counts for the whole combo? That's the way I cemented it in my head (which is also made of cement 🙂

Anonymous

Thanks, Megha.  I'm glad I asked !!!  😮

Anonymous

Anyone has a video link for this sequence? Thanks!

Anonymous

Anyone has a video link for this sequence? Thanks!

On the FCBD format page there are links to examples of pretty much everything http://www.fcbd.com/instruction/format.shtml so the Turkish shimmy cross is at 0:10 on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXyXxeEB0Zs

Anonymous

Thank you !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.