Webpage Resource Listing Suggestions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So I just added a “Resources” page to my webpage.  I am looking for ideas on what and who to link to.  What sorts of links to you have set up on your webpage?I have FCBD, of course.  And for costuming, Flying Skirts because that is basically where we buy about everything. Twisted Gypsy (love their tshirts).  But I'm sure there are other good vendors out there.  I have a section for accessories like swords and such and basic belly dance page.  Are there blogs or other resources that you list that may be useful to your students and troupe members?  I feel like there is probably alot out there that my mind is drawing a blank on right now.  I appreciate your input!  Thanks! 

Anonymous

Allow me to put in a shameless plug for my blog.  8) http://americantribaljanet.com

Anonymous

BellyRoll ?Saroyan ?Fav Make-Up tutorials? I don't keep a resources page on my website other than a Learning Tools section for at home practice.Instead, I include a little blurb in each monthly newsletter highlighting a specific vendor, website, or resource that I'm a fan of. 

Anonymous

Ooh. Carrie, I love that idea. I do keep a resources page on my website and have links to Pinterest boards of student troupe staples and costuming inspirations, but I like the idea of a little section in my monthly newsletter. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous

Thank you for the suggestions! Janet, I will definitely add your blog.  I love the articles there.  And I'll link to Carolena's blog too.  Carrie, those are great ideas too!

Anonymous

I would add Carolena's blog, Director's Cut. Also, Kae Montgomery has a blog and Kae's Little Trunk on Etsy with those fabulous “choli decos”. If there are any local stores that may sell dance supplies, you could list them there. I also love Magical Fashions and Red Camel 🙂

Anonymous

I have FCBD, naturally 🙂 …. ATS in the UK and a Sister Studio link, Other Dance Friends, Musicians and Costumiers, and lastly Other Friends (non dance).  Most of my links are people and friends we've either danced or trained with, bought from, or had some connection with …… so can always highly recommend any of them.

Anonymous

NakaRaliTribal SoukSilk RoadSomeday I'll get it together and have a website, but for now there's the FB page: Sandi's Ocean http://www.facebook.com/sandis.ocean.viewI've been posting videos for better posture on my class page.  I like the idea of offering suggestions for homework that is not belly dance related, necessarily. 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.