White costumes

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I personal don't prefer that kind of combination for ATS costumes. Even though white costumes do look nice, for example in tribal fusion or in classic oriental bellydance, when it comes to ATS, to me it looks a bit sterile.So, what is your opinion on white costumes in ATS, by white I mean - skirt, choli and bra.

Anonymous

I've never worn it but I love the look of it. As long as it is still ATS costuming with skirt, choli and loons, I don't find it sterile – and I have seen some troupes wear white with coloured accents which looks really folkloric, but gives a much more Western European vibe, which really suits some Celtic-flavoured music.

Anonymous

Yeah, when there's colored skirt underneath the white skirt, it's great, but I've seen a troop being totally white costumed and it was just a bit too much of white. My girls and I just performed two days ago in white/colored costumes and it wasn't bad as I though it would be. The key is to have at least some color on 🙂 Anyway, thx for the answer and keep atsing 😉

Anonymous

We have performed in white Padmas & white Padma cholis, but with coloured skirts/pantaloons underneath, coin bras and colourful veils. I think it looks nice if it's not all white. As a pasty white girl, I cannot carry off all white very well! But I think with contrast, it's really pretty.

Anonymous

I love white costumes, almost as much as black 🙂

Anonymous

lol! our very next performance will be in white! love it, since taking part in the flashmob for Carolena's wedding where we all wore white I thought I'd find an excuse to wear all white. I didn't have to wait long, we are dancing in a winter wonderland hafla in January, it will also be Burn's night so some tartan will be on show, also an excuse to wear the family tartan. I listened to a piece of music which is also very themed and snowflakes came to mind, can't wait, I love costumes. If I had a milometer on my sewing machine it would have reached all zeros several times by now.

Anonymous

Hey that's us Patsy!! That was a fun afternoon 🙂

Anonymous

I love this photo Kay! something to do with the light coming in the window behind us and it was just a relaxed shot without posing. I'm deep into discussion as usual with one of my theories no doubt lol! yes it was a lot of fun, nice studio too.

Anonymous

My troupe wore yellow cholis white skirts and colored underskirts for C&T last year.  We thought the stage was black on three sides so we chose that costuming to stand out against a solid blackStage. Once we got there, it wouldn't have mattered because  the stage wasn't a black box like we thought. I think it's a style preference and a nice change. I like it all I guess. I really liked devyani using Red yellow and white for a Devotion number a few years back. It looked amazing!

Anonymous

That was Gypsy Horizon, right?  Clearly the colors were memorable! 🙂  I loved the look.

Anonymous

Thank you!! 😉

Anonymous

I also love white costumes as much as black.  My troupe and I performed in a gig that the theme was Splendor in Winter, so we dress accordingly to the occasion.  😉  It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to have the opportunity to dress all in white again. ;D

Anonymous

I love to wear white in my costume, maybe because I nearly never wear white in my allday clothings.If you wear the white under the couloured skirt, it gives a look like an oldfashioned underskirt.Here a pic of a costume in white from me:

Anonymous

I love white…it makes me feel angelic.  However, I've never done an all white costume; I add color for accent.  I attached one picture of me and one of Ilhaam, a SS from Madrid.  I loved her picture so much I saved for inspiration. 🙂

Anonymous

I am presently piecing together a white costume. It's all staying locked in a cedar box until I am going to wear it. I have some vintage white assuit panels to go with it and will be getting a white assuit bra made to go with it all… plus accoutrement… but it's being assembled slowly and deliberately for when Fella and I decide we are going to get married. I am fairly certain that other than that use, I will never wear a fully white costume.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.