Who is FCBD?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi All. In class this week I was asked the ever popular question, “Who is FatChanceBellyDance?”…. and for the first time since I began dancing, I wasn't 100% sure what to reply. I used to rattle off a lovely little list of FCBD troupe members, starting with Carolena, but with all the organizational changes made in the last year, I really don't know who FCBD is for certain other than Carolena. So, if I could get a little note or two to help me be able to more accurately reply to my students in future instances, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Anonymous

Hey there,I'm sure Carolena will chime in (but as it is Tribal Fest week, she's a busy lady)So... I've gone through some blog posts and pulled some quotes that you may find to be helpful:"... it's actually an expansion rather than a destruction.  The idea is simply to allow all level 3 students the opportunity to qualify for a gig and make it more of a community based experience rather than a closed group.  This idea encompasses the basic nature of ATS as being all-inclusive.  There's no reason to fear that FCBD® is going anywhere.  The studio is still open and going strong, the company is well intact and the performance opportunities are now available to more dancers." - Meghahttp://fcbdblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/from-meghas-perspective.html"In the balance: What happened to the troupe? I disbanded it as a closed unit and will reform it on an as-needed basis. I see a lot of talent and skill at the studio, but not necessarily all in one person. I am interested in exploring what happens when a varied group of dancers come together to share strengths and weaknesses. I want to work with everyone, not just one troupe.  I will form the troupe one gig at a time with dancers that attend Level Three (L3) classes on a regular basis. The former members of FCBD® will continue to perform and teach at the studio if they desire, they are also free to work on their own." Carolenahttp://fcbdblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/fireside-chat-11-aug-2013-part-one.html

Anonymous

Thanks Jesse! I appreciate your response!

Anonymous

Hi Amber,I am FatChanceBellyDance®.With the changes that I've made, the other members of the troupe are FCBD® when they dance with me or for me in a show.So, it's sort of "Carolena is FCBD®, and everyone is FCBD®" Sort of.Since the beginning of the company I have branded the name FatChanceBellyDance® synonymously with Carolena. I purposely merged the two so we would forever be entwined. Many people have come and gone from the troupe, and they are no longer FCBD®, I am the only constant.Hope that makes sense. 

Anonymous

Carolena, thanks for taking the time to reply. I feel better knowing, as current as possible, who or what to talk about when my students ask “WHO or WHAT IS FCBD?”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.