Wrap around turn

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Joan Marie on tribe.net.My question is regarding the final foot and knee placement in the wrap around turn. The final words on the DVD state "you will end facing the front in a strong left angle". How are the knees and feet placed? Are they the same as when you start the move and cross the right foot in front of the left or something different. br/br/We had a discussion in my troupe. Strong left angle to some mean the left knee is more prominent than the right knee which has a different look than vice versa.br/br/I hope this makes sense and I could use an answer ASAP.br/br/Thanks. Joan

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.When you are coming out of the turn, your feet are placed where they land. Sometimes its side by side, sometimes its right foot in front of the left similar to 4th position in ballet, you might end up with left in front of right. Youre coming out of a 1 1/2 turn so I dont worry about where my peoples feet end up as long as its under their center. When they finish the arms in the movement, their feet will change depending on what move they go into next. Usually back to parallel feet. br/;-)

Anonymous

Originally posted by Madonna DrumDance on tribe.net.and at the end of the turn ie when facing front again do hands floreo from hip to overhead ? or simply sweep up from hip to overhead?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.From both hands at the left hip after the turn, the right arm sweeps up overhead with two floreos - one near the left top of the head and one overhead.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Valizan on tribe.net.I must be doing something wrong here.br/br/When do I put both my hands at my left hip?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.I think somewhere the wraparound got confused with the sahra.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Yeah, somewhere in MY BRAIN! br/br/Sorry. I was thinking about the Sahra turn. Nevermind. Carry on.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.For the Wrap Turn, the arms sweep up leading with the elbow, but I would guess that similar to the Corkscrew, you could floreo the hands depending on the feel on the music, etc.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Madonna DrumDance on tribe.net.and gent! ;))

Anonymous

Originally posted by Madonna DrumDance on tribe.net.thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Leslie on tribe.net.Are we confusing the final arm sweeps in Sahra with those in the Wrap Around?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.