No, we have created the requirements for the ATT program with much thought. We understand that not everyone will be able to meet all of them. However, successful candidates for the program will be able to do so.
- The dance resume should be no longer than 2 pages. It should include anything that you think is relevant to your application for Advanced Teacher Training.
- Although what you chose to highlight in a resume can often vary depending on the position for which you are applying, I would suggest highlighting anything that you have done that would be of value to someone who is an Advanced Teacher.
- I would think that fitness certifications would be relevant. Training in yoga or other movements that would enhance your understanding of the body and its mechanics would be important to mention.
- Although you may want to mention event production, I would do so only in the context of how that applies to your ability to work with others and enhance your teaching.
- The Advanced Teacher Training will always be held in San Francisco.
- Yes, we would like written references. Each candidate can determine what they would like to highlight about themselves but what we are really looking for is whether the candidate “plays well with others.” This Advanced Teacher Training will obviously be about advancing your skills and marketability but Carolena and Megha also want to see dancers who can be good representatives of ATS® through collegial and professional behavior within their own communities and the ATS® community at large.
- As for the SS reference letter, it is fine to ask those who you know from any setting. We realize that some of you are the only SS in your geographic location, but assume you know other Sister Studios from workshops, your GS/TT training or even by interacting with them on line. It is important that those who go through the ATT be members of the ATS® community along with having the potential for being Advanced Teachers.
No. We want you to take live classes with an instructor for the SSCE program. You may book a private lesson via Powhow for a live class. That would absolutely count toward the SSCE.
Yes, just remember that one of your 10 hours annually must be 1:1 with Carolena or Megha.
No, your SSCE begins when you register for the SSCE.
No, we feel that it is important to have ongoing training. We would love for you to take more classes in a year and encourage you to do so.
Yes, particularly if you are a visiting student from another geographic location. You may request a SSCE certificate when you are at the studio.
Yes, 1:1 instruction means a private lesson that is either Powhow, Skype or live.
Yes, if you are taking it for second or subsequent time. If you are taking it for your first time, you do not need to seek SSCE until a year after your completion date if you are participating in the program.
- Students must be fluent in English, no exceptions.
- These courses are not for beginners.
- Dancers must have previous experience with some element of ATS®, Tribal, Tribal Fusion or Oriental Dance.
- Students will be asked to submit a dance bio, limited to one page, upon acceptance to the program. This should include their experience with ATS®, any personal comments, but not be a “resume” type listing of everything they have ever done! Just as it relates to ATS® and what they want to achieve at the Intensive.
Please bring: zils, a notebook, full skirt and choli are best but not mandatory